My apology to Caleb and JDA. This post is not my way of auditioning for a GoingConcern gig. I’m intrigued by two important PCWorld articles, and the end result is my suggesting some accounting related names for a newborn child.
Yesterday, Sarah Jacobsson Purewal wrote, “Baby Named After Facebook ‘Like’ Button,” published on PcWorld. Not to be outdone, JR Raphael wrote, “10 Tech-Inspired Baby Names Better Than ‘Like’.” According to Purewal,
… Lior and Vardit Adler wanted a unique name for their daughter. The [Israeli] couple reportedly shopped around [for] names–including some Chinese names–but settled on “Like” because they liked the sound of it. They also thought the name sounded “modern and innovative.”
Lior says the name is not a gimmick, and the couple was not paid by Facebook to name their daughter after the popular button
Inspired, Raphael suggested the following names for geeks to name their precious newborns: Perl, Mac, Ruby, Linus, Ada, Alice, Json, Page, Pascal, PC.
Not to be outdone, here is my list of baby names for an accountant’s newborn:
- Debere. Italian for debit. Child can shorten this to Deb or DR.
- _WC. I’m not enamored with a firm that’s been sued so many times, but the initials are priceless.
- Chief Accountant. Recommended for all with native American ancestry. I know James Kroeker is trying to turn this into a bad name, but it was admired when LT did it.
- Lynn Turner. LT for short. Can be used for both daughter or son.
- Harold Crick. The lead character in Stranger than Fiction.
- Leo. If it was good enough for the accountant in The Producers, it is good enough.
- ROI. Pronounced Roy.
- Adrienne. Rocky couldn’t live without her, and neither can most businesses live without accounting.